Hello friends, in this post I have shared an overview and download links of notes of Pharmaceutics (BP103T) according to the PCI syllabus for B Pharm 1st Semester 2023.
In the notes of Pharmaceutics, we have given two types of notes namely Handwritten notes and Standard notes.
Pharmaceutics notes are designed to provide an essential understanding of preparatory pharmacy, combining the sciences and arts of making the various dosage forms that are commonly used.
Friends Pharmaceutics is the subject of the 1st semester of the B Pharm course, and as per the syllabus of PCI (Pharmacy Council of India) B Pharm 1st semester, there are a total of 5 units in this subject.
Download Pharmaceutics All Units Notes PDFs FREE
Click on the following download buttons below the names of the units to download Pharmaceutics both Handwritten and Standard Notes.
In the Pharmaceutics Notes Pdfs, the following chapters are explained in detail.
The history of the profession and its development the profession of pharmacy
- The profession’s history from the beginning of pharmacy in India to education in pharmacy,
- Industry and Organization
- A career in pharmacy
- A brief introduction to IP, BP, USP as well as Extra Pharmacopoeia.
- A brief introduction to dose forms, their classification, and definitions
- Definition Parts of prescription treatment of Prescriptions and
- Prescription errors.
- Definition, Factors affecting posology.
- The calculations for pediatric doses are dependent on the weight of the body, and surface area.
- Measures and Weights Metric and Imperial system,
- Calculations involving percentage solutions
- The allegation, proof spirit, and isotonic solution are based on molecular weight and freezing point.
- Classification, definition, benefits, and disadvantages
- Simple and compound powders’ official preparations,
- Dusting powders
- Powders that are efflorescent and hygroscopic
- Eutectic mixtures.
- Geometric dilutes.
Liquid dosage forms:
- Benefits and drawbacks of dosage forms that contain liquids.
- Excipients are the ingredients used in the preparation of dosage forms in liquid form.
- Enhancement of the solubility techniques
- Definitions and preparations for Gargles, Mouthwashes, Throat Paint, Eardrops, Nasal drops Enemas, Syrups, Elixirs Liniments, and Lotions.
- Suspensions: Definition, benefits as well as disadvantages Preparation of suspensions, Flocculated, and deflocculated suspension, and stability issues and solutions.
- Emulsions: definition, classification, the emulsifying agent, and test to determine the identity of the kind of emulsion, methods of making and stability issues of the type of emulsion, methods for preparation, and stability problems overcome.
- Definition, Types, Advantages, and disadvantages,
- different types of bases
- methods of preparation.
- Value of displacement and its calculation Evaluation of suppositories.
Incompatibilities with pharmaceuticals:
- Definition and classification, physical-chemical and therapeutic incompatibilities using examples.
Semisolid dosage forms:
- Mechanisms, definitions, classifications, and other factors
- The effects of dermal penetration of drugs. The preparation of ointments, pastes creams, gels, and ointments. Excipients that are used as semi-solid forms of dosage.
- Evaluation of semi-solid dosages forms
If you like our Pharmaceutics notes, don’t forget to leave your feedback in the comments.